i-Scholar Initiative (iSI) Scholarship 2022 Application Requirements
Are you a Nigerian Graduate? How self-driven are you? Do you desire to pursue a graduate
study abroad, especially in the USA? Are you prepared to write the required exams? Have you
got the aptitude but limited by the requisite resource?
If your answers are yes to all these questions, then read on.
In 2022, i-Scholar Initiative (iSI) plans to sponsor well-qualified candidates for one or a
combination of two of the required standardized tests for foreign graduate school programs;
Graduate Records Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
1. Each selected candidate will be sponsored for a GRE/GMAT, depending on their choice of
2. To be sponsored for a TOEFL, the following conditions apply:
● GRE candidates- a minimum of 300 cumulative scores in GRE will automatically qualify a candidate for TOEFL sponsorship.
● GMAT Candidates: a minimum of 720 cumulative scores in GMAT will automatically qualify a candidate for TOEFL sponsorship.
● If you qualify for a TOEFL, you must be prepared and ready to write the exam at the latest four weeks after your GRE or GMAT exam.
● Payment of a predetermined number of graduate school admission application fees
● iSI mentoring program
● Graduate of an accredited African Institution with a minimum of Second Class Upper Grade
● Must be ready to write the standardized tests latest by August 2022
● Must be prepared to apply for graduate admission and funding in the 2022/2023 window
● Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should demonstrate the self-drive and clarity of your academic pursuit and career goals and why you should be selected for this opportunity.
● Examination Study Plan: This plan should describe your preparation and strategy for
writing and acing the exam(s) with excellent results if selected. Your plan must also
include the specific time you wish to write the exams and apply for foreign graduate
● Two Reference Letters
Academic Reference: This reference letter should be completed by your University Lecturer or Supervisor, who has direct knowledge of your aptitude, academic records, and excellence.
Character Reference: This reference should detail your character and traits, integrity, interpersonal and collaborative attributes. It can be completed by your employer, professional mentor, manager etc.
● First Degree Transcripts: Your first-degree transcript is the transcript of your first postsecondary study. Please provide this in a PDF format and as a single file. It should be
duly signed and stamped.
● CV or Resume: Kindly provide your CV/Resume in the designated field on the
application form. Please give details of your professional/work experience, voluntary
activities, honors/awards and more.
● First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP
● Payment of required graduate school standardized test fees.
● Payment of a predetermined number of graduate school application fees (subject to
performance in tests).
● End to End Mentoring: Scholars will be assigned to dedicated mentors.
● Networking Opportunities with professionals in various fields.
What is not Promised/Out of Scope
● We are unable to provide full scholarships to study abroad- but your good performance in
GRE or GMAT and TOEFL could potentially get you fully funded grad programs with
the University of your choice. We would work with you in navigating the admission
● GRE/GMAT/TOEFL- each of the exams provides an opportunity to freely and directly
send your exam scores to a certain number of schools you indicate during registration.
However, you would have to personally pay the fees for any other schools you might
want to apply to after this.
For inquiries, kindly reach out to us via email: 2022Application@ischolarinitiative.org